DAVID GALLEGOS MA, ATC, CERT. MDT, PES
Mr. Gallegos is the Deputy CEO for Southwest Sport & Spine Center, Inc. David is 1 of 6 Athletic Trainers credentialed in Mechanical Diagnosis & Therapy (MDT) in the world and the only American Physical Therapy Association Certified Private Practice Administrator with an Athletic Training background in the country. David specializes in sports medicine, orthopedics, and the McKenzie Method. He is active in state, regional, and national level Sports Medicine & Athletic Training Associations.
- District Director for District 7 of NATA
- Created path for NM AT’s to teach Sports Medicine course using AT License
- Director of the NM Sports Healthcare Expo & Sports Physical – 10th Anniversary of NFL Screening & Education
- Sponsor of NM High School Athletic Training Challenge 2002-2016. Helped develop Denver, CO and EL Paso, TX HS Athletic Training events.
Founder of Just Change – a non-profit focusing on health care, education, social justice and Christian values.
ADAM HALPERN MA, ATC, CSCS
Mr. Halpern is passionate about preventative health care. As an experienced brand builder, he has created and scaled innovative high-end, niche concepts in the athletics and rehabilitation markets. He maintains a positive track record of building visibility, recognition, and positive market presence for diverse products, services, and programs. Mr. Halpern is a professional presenter with 15+ years on related topics and concepts while gaining regional exposure across fitness, athletic and health industries and qualified professionals. His professional career ranges from Stanford University, US Ski Team, Kinesio, Dental Cooperative and currently Kosh Solutions which focuses on the importance of technology within healthcare.
- Treasurer for Rocky Mountain Athletic Trainer Association.
- Managed and developed the fastest growing independent dentist territory within Dental Cooperative.
- Organized and implemented numerous events with partners.
- Developed relationship with the USGA US Open and United States Olympic Committee.
- Implemented the inclusion of Kinesio education programs into allied health education programs.
David Gallegos and Adam Halpern presented “How to Make More Money in a Shrinking Health Care System” at 2017 RMATA ACS.
David Gallegos in NATA News:
- Educating Young ATs About Business Administration David discusses the importance of athletic trainers becoming bilingual as the profession expands into new settings.
David Gallegos on “Mechanical Care Forum” podcast:
- Episode 156 Part 1: Thinking Mechanically, On the Field: As a traditional athletic trainer who’s trained in Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy, he’s applying these principles on and off the field. David discusses his professional journey, how he utilizes the system and shares some examples of rapid results.
- Episode 157 Part 2: A Team Approach: As an athletic trainer certified in MDT, David leads in mentoring and clinical development inside a private practice in addition to working with athletes on and off the field and court.
Adam Halpern in NATA News:
- Third Party Reimbursement Session Sparks New Idea Adam discusses the opportunity for athletic trainers to work in the private sector and directly charge for expertise and services.